Sunday, January 17, 2010

UFO's Part Two

Time for me to reveal the rest of my UFO's. And I am happy to report I am working on making my UFO Storm at Sea. Hope to have a photo of the completed quilt top to show off later on this week.

A few years ago my guild did a 4 1/2 block swap for a whole year. Now I have a whole box full of blocks and they are all really neat. I thought about setting them with a triple sashings but they have languished in a box. I am going to have to FINISH these up!! No way can I give these cuties away!
Now I am the world's slowest knitter. Now I mean S......L......O......W! So why I ever thought I could make one of these cool knit bags is beyond me. I must have been under the influence of too much dark chocolate.....so this is being DISCARDED! Gosh I feel liberated now!!


Next up is more blocks from a block swap. I did this with my small group, the Wild Threads. I love these baskets and guess what?? I have all these black and white four patch squares left over from my chicken blocks!! So I am going to play around with putting them all together! Time to FINISH it up!

Finally, its the most special UFO of all.......my Karen Stone UFO. It was a BOM I did for a year. I started it.....hmmm.....had to be over 4 years ago. AND my friend Janine was doing it along with me. We both got uhhhhh, got stalled, delayed, took a detour.....insert whatever word you want here. But now we are both determined to get this done!!! AND I told Janine, if I don't get it done by the end of March, I am going to give mine to her!!!!! Oh my, I'm really motivated to FINISH it up now!!!!



Wish me luck with the Karen Stone.......I'm going to be burning some midnight oil come this March for sure!!!!
kathy

2 comments:

9patchnurse said...

That New York Beauty is gorgeous! Hurry up! I can't wait to see it.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

You have some lovelies to finish! love that BOM! and the black and whites! I have a bunch too, so let's motivate ourselves!
Also here's the link to the Wonky log cabins, from your comment. Your a no reply so I coudln't answer it
http://bumblebeans.blogspot.com/search/label/bee%20balm%20quilt