Friday, November 19, 2010

Retreat!!!

I'm heading on retreat today!!!! And guess what?????? When I was taking a class with Bonnie Hunter this past week, I asked her when she would be heading back home. And she goes......well this weekend I am going on retreat with the Southern Comforters, and I scream!!! Cuz you know what, I am too!!!!!

Isn't that exciting!!! My friend Lisa wants to hide in my suitcase and come along......she took the class too. See the lovely letter she made......

 
And I really covet her sweater!!! It's a great shade of yellow.....and really makes me want to go out a buy a case of Mellow Yellow soda, remember that commerical "mellow yellow makes you feel so good so fast, right down to your toes!".

I got to hurry along and pack up the car before heading to work. But I need your help!!!!

How do I quilt this top??????



And a few notes, I hate echo quilting, so that is not an option. And I don't mark tops (unless its a grid).

I really just like to do things free hand......so any ideas what I should do???


Have a great weekend!!!!

Me and my peppermint patty brownies are heading to the car!

kathy

3 comments:

Cheryl U said...

Hope you have a great time!!! How neat that Bonnie is going to be there too!

9patchnurse said...

Put on your walking foot and just do random straight lines. I love love love straight line quilting. Retreat with Bonnie, sigh, you are lucky! ps: the sweater is from llBean.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I love the quilt! I ususally free-motion quilt my quilts. I love the flowers--inspirational