Sunday, November 21, 2010

How to have fun at a retreat- part one

I had a great time at the Southern Comforters retreat this past weekend. My friend Amy invited me to go and it was a barrel of laughs! Amy and her buddy Shelia are learning sign language and they got to practice on me. I taught them all the naughty signs you never learn in a class, snicker snicker. Lot of other ladies at the retreat got in on the fun too.

There are a few secrets to having fun on a retreat I thought I would share with you over the next few days. Plus I can show you what I managed to get done! The first key ingredient to a great retreat is great friends!!

I met Amy two years ago at a class I was teaching and we hit it off immediately. She decided to make a clothes line bowl but it got a litttttttttle too oval......



And somehow became known as the "bucket helmet".



Or here's a flash back to the 80's........"Blossom", remember her hat???

It was sooooo big, the two of us could it under it......



Note my sock monkey pajamas, it was kinda late at night.

We also played some dice game which involved having to ante up with fat quarters.



See the pile of fat quarters in the middle just waiting for a winner!

PS, it wasn't me.

So that's the first step to a great retreat, and if you don't know anyone, that's ok too!!! Cuz quilters are friendly folks just waiting for an excuse to blab, chill, and fondle your fabric. By the time you leave, you might know tooooo much information about some folks!

Stayed tuned for the next installment of retreat fun!

kathy




1 comment:

9patchnurse said...

Lol! Looks like such a good time. Quilt retreats are THE BEST! Betting FQs looks like AWESOME fun.