Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to have fun at a retreat- part two

One of the key parts to any retreat is........the FOOD!!!!! Think chocolate and lots of it!!! And I am not talking about the food the retreat place is serving, I am talking about what people bring to share. The Southern Comforters had some great food. See??


Apple Pie!!!

And I made these.....


Peppermint Patty Brownies

Then there was the chips.......I LOVE chips!!!!


Here's a view of the whole spread.....


Making you hungry???

Let's just say at 2am when the munchies kicked in, I was covered.

What's your favorite food to bring to a retreat??????

Now I actually did do some sewing when I was not goofing around or cruising the snack table.

I finished up this snow ball quilt.



A group of us made the blocks during a charity event with my guild. I put it all together and quilted it. Now its going to the Joann. She LOVES to do binding.

Me, I get the cold chills when some says binding by hand. Not on my list of preferred activities.

Here's the back side of the quilt, isn't it fun!



One more installment this week of how to have fun at a retreat and then on to new topics!

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

kathy


1 comment:

Cheryl U said...

LOVE the pig on the back!!! I am really going to miss you and the wild threads!