Monday, March 29, 2010

Bingo!

This past weekend was the Flying Geese Quilt Guild retreat. I had such a blast and I have many things to share with you. Too much for one posting so I am going to spread it out over the week. Let's start with the retreat organizer, Nancy.......say hi Nancy!


Nancy has been doing the retreat for years and she does a fantastic job! Every year Nancy likes to try something new. One year she had us bring a piece of ugly fabric for a contest and challenged us all to make a quilt from the swapping that went on. Well, that is how my quilt "Ugly Kathy" was born. Thanks Nancy for inspiring me!

This year Nancy decided to have us play bingo on Saturday night. She had this giant container of spools and each one had a number on it. So she would pull one out and call out the number til someone got bingo. Now some of us in the guild are bad, bad people. Our minds are in the gutter......I won't mention names. We were waiting and waiting when it finally happened! Nancy pulled out this spool.....



And she goes........"O 69"......and what do we do???? We do the usual, we start screaming and carrying on. Never let it be said that quilters are dull people......but it gets better! Out of all the spools in the container there is only ONE black spool! And it just happens to be this one!! You bet we gave her some flak about that one, snicker snicker.....Nancy is a good sport though.

I even won a game! Horray!!!!! And I got a fabulous door prize, a giant spool! Plus just when we were packing up to leave Nancy told to close my eyes and hold out my hand.......look what I came home with!



Yup, its O 69 sitting there next to my giant spool......have a great day everyone and I stay tuned for the next installment of "How the Retreat Stitches".

kathy

1 comment:

PattiKake Quilts said...

You keep me in stitches! I am so fortunate to be part of such a great group of people.