Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanks Lisa for sharing this!!! You can win a ton of great prizes plus learn a little bit about my Christmasy spirit! Here I go!

Mama’s Holiday Wish List MemeTodaysMama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.

What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
*a new extra wide ironing board
*Gwen Marton's new book "Liberated Quiltmaking II" (it won't be published til Jan. though)
*a gift certificate for Pennington Quiltworks in NJ
*chocolate, the dark kind
*dinner at PF Chang's....I've always wanted to go there!

What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
*this one's a toughy......probably the cards the kids have made for me. They draw and write such funny things

What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
*None, I've always just done them when I wanted to....sometimes with better results than others. Just got to seize the day with experimenting!

What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
*my Singer sewing machine!!

What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
*Legos
*Blast tickets
*more Legos
*Godzilla in all shapes and forms
*yet more Legos

What is your favorite holiday food?
*yet another toughie! I like them all!!! If I had to pick a few of them it would be cheesecake, baked brie, and those pepperoni/olive/cheese things we've been eating since I was a kid. And let's not forget port wine cheese spread......and cookies......and ham.....and, you get the idea..

What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
*Molten Chocolate cake gift bags
*My Blue Christmas tree quilt
*stockings, though I have been meaning to do that for three years now....
*pillow cases for the kids
*maybe a new quilt for Mikey.......its a pizza quilt.....its so cool, though it makes me hungry....
*who knows what else......gotta see how much time there is!

What is your favorite holiday movie?
*Christmas Vacation (squirrel!)
*Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol......I LOVE this movie!!

Favorite holiday song?
*Blue Christmas by Elvis.......see the connection to my Blue Christmas tree quilt....I even dyed my last piece of Elvis fabric blue to use in the quilt.....

Favorite holiday pastime?
*Hanging out with the family and friends
*Making cookies
*Drinking hot chocolate, eating popcorn and watching Christmas movies

1 comment:

9patchnurse said...

Good job, girl!! I would wish you luck but..., well, you know, ummm..... I would really go CRAZY with all that craft stuff. The Cricut, Zudu, etc. (psst-I hope I win!)