Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Quilting Resolutions 2010

It's almost 2010, geez where did the year go! Actually where did the decade go? It just seems like yesterday that everyone was running around freaking out about the whole Y2K situation, stockpiling water, and waiting for chaos to unfold around them. And I would like to go on record as being VERY disappointed that my lights did not even flicker during the whole 2000 New Year's celebration. With all the hype, I was hoping the light would at least go out for a minute or two.....but no......

My quilting buddies in the Wild Threads had to come up with quilting resolutions for our meeting this week. I thought that was a fun idea since I like to put my goals down in black and white so I can see them. Here's what I came up with....

1. I vow to remove all UFO's from my life. I will either finish them up, give them away, or disassemble them so they are no longer cluttering up my life. I will do this by March 2010.

2. I vow to do ONE Orange Peel block a week. Then by the end of 2010 I will have them all done.

3. I vow to do TWO blocks per week from the "Farmer's Wife Sampler". I will have most of the blocks done by the end of the year if I follow this plan.

4. I vow to finish my wool flowers quilt this year. I might even manage to quilt it if I ever decide on how.

5. I vow to do ONE block from the "Dog Yeared" CD per month this year. I will have them all done by the end of the year if I manage to stick to this plan.

6. I vow to do ONE technique per week from the book "Fabric Embellishments" this year and create my very own technique book. It would be good for me to do this and learn some new tricks.

7. I vow to continue to hate making t-shirt quilts but also to continue to make them since they are a cash cow and the fabric addiction needs to be funded from some source.

This is my plan for 2010, now to see how it turns out! So stay tuned for updates and photos of my progress!

Happy New Year's!!

kathy

2 comments:

9patchnurse said...

Wow! I did not pick up on the fact that your UFOs are hitting the road by March! Dang girl! That's ambitious. I think you need to make a chart so every week/month you can check off what you get done. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Wow and I thought I had a busy list on my plate for this year!! Wow it sounds like you have a ton of exciting things to sew and quilt this year. I know it will happen for you too.. if you have set your mind to it and it sounds like you have.
I am wishing the best year every :)
M