Thursday, December 16, 2010

100th posting!!!!

Wow! Where did time go???? Just seems like I started up this blog.
Thanks for all your comments and support. I always like to hear your thoughts on things.

We are now at C minus 9........and things are getting frantic around here!!!!!

The other night I was up realllllll late......with this friend.


Needled Mom shared with me this fantastic recipe for Choco Peppermint Blossoms.

There's lots of cocoa involved......



A frantic trip to two stores and I found those Hershey's kisses that are red and white striped. I bought two bags......just in case.

And now that I made these cookies, I'm gonna have to go out and get a few more bags cuz they were so tasty!



And PRETTY!!!!

In between cookies, I squeezed in a little sewing.


I love how that rolls off the tongue so I walk around the house chanting it.

The youngest kid has picked up the chant and does it along with me.

Possible future quilter??????

I'm keeping up pretty good so far.

 
But now I am working on the string piece blocks and they are going to take me a bit of time to get done.
 
This is a help when it comes to make the blocks.
 
 

Tiime to get ready for the day.

In honor of the 100th posting, I am going to do a giveaway.

Just what it will be, well that's going to be a surprise!!!! Cuz its the season for surprises!!

Leave a comment between now and Sunday.

Then Monday morning, bright and early, I'll have one of the kids pick a winner!!

Have a good day!

kathy




7 comments:

Melinda said...

I love the name of your blog - I too believe that lime green is a neutral color.

Needled Mom said...

I can almost taste those cookies over the screen. Yum!!! I, too, bought extra bags of kisses because I am not sure if they will make them all year. I am sure they will freeze well. Glad you enjoyed them.

Congratulations on reaching 100 posts. Haven't you had such a great time and met so many wonderful fellow bloggers?

I am going to have to check out your Roll Roll Cotton Boll mystery quilt. It sounds like fun.

String quilt blocks are the perfect recycle use for old telephone books.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a recipe I need!

I read soemthing about saving phone books for some of Bonnie's projects...must be to use as foundation paper.

Your sewing materials are so organized!! so... ROLL ROLL COTTON BOLL!!

Emily said...

Your cookies look DELICIOUS! I've been following Bonnie's mystery quilt even though I'm not participating. Your pinks and greens look fantastic! I'm sure it will be beautiful when you're done.

Amalia Teresa Parra Morusiewicz said...

I would not comment in a box,
I would not try to get botox...
I would not take your Kitchen Aid
I would not mind some lemonade
I would not fear the cocoa cookie
I would not like to be called pookie
I like to say hello to your boys
I hope that Santa brings good toys
I will not be a nasty Grinch
I hope your Christmas is a cinch!

Carrie-Area Director said...

Those cookies look amazing! How festive! Any chance you will share the recipe?????

Miss seeing you Kathy! Any of your kids playing indoor soccer with Overlea?
Carrie Aristodemo

patty a. said...

The cookies look yummy! I have never seen Hershey Kisses that were striped! SO cool!