Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday at the Farmer's Market

The Baltimore Farmer's Market opened up last weekend for the season. It's under the highway in downtown Baltimore so you get to hear the cars driving over your head while you shop. 

See?



This is the biggest farmer's market in the state and there is literally tons of thing you can buy there. Fresh produce, cheese, eggs, milk, meats, and breads. Plus lots of ethnic prepared foods and a whole section of craft vendors too. I could literally spend the morning there eating. But I have to set an example and show some restraint for the kids. Being the grown up stinks sometimes!

So we shared a bag of fresh, hot donuts and I only ate two.


Then we visited the Jamaican beef patty lady, the bean buns lady, the baked goods family, and we wanted to go to the pickle people but that line was like 20 deep so we decided to wait to go there until next time. I really wanted to go to the red beans and rice guy too but hey, I gotta show some restraint right?

There's not much in the way of produce this early in the season but we did get to pick up some apples, our favorite sausages, and stock up on homemade jams. 

Then we headed to the hula hoop guy. He has tons of hoops for you to just play around with and its free. 



Then it was time for the big tamale of hula hoops.


They tried to do a double spin thing but it did not work out. Maybe next time......

It did burn off some of those donuts so the guys got some honey sticks for next the ride home.


In the afternoon, I had a quilty meeting with the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild! Yay!!!! Today was our tote bag swap and I was super excited. But I am going to save those pictures for tomorrow.

Good night and don't let the frogs bite!


3 comments:

9patchnurse said...

Woo hoo! Look who is back to blogging!

Needled Mom said...

I love the idea of the hula hoops!!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

looks like a lot of fun. and yummy. what are "bean buns"? I have an image in my brain of a hot dog bun with baked beans on it...