Friday, April 19, 2013

Butterfly Pillow

I have all sons.....three of them. So the chance to make them something cute, adorable, and pink ended back when they were like 4 years old.

But my friend has a little girl named Amy and she's my little buddy. Last summer we all went camping together at Elk Neck State Park. Amy and I made a sand castle and drew on some rocks.


Do you think a little boy would draw a smiley face on a rock?? 
No!! They would just throw it at some object or another. 

When I was doing some cleaning in the sewing room this winter, I came across a reverse applique butterfly block I made years and years ago. It was in my odds and ends box. And I thought of Amy when I saw that butterfly.

Added some borders to make it bigger and ta-da!


Then made the back from a bunch of strip sets I had left over from another project.


I love this pillow! When my youngest got home from school, I told him it was going to be for his bed. He looked at me like I had four heads and said " really????". I could see he was trying not to say anything bad about the pillow. So I let him off easy and told him it was for Amy. He was VERY relieved!

Enjoy the new pillow Amy!

No comments: